Cola Ribs Recipe (Serves 4)
500-600g pork ribs
2 tbsp of Lee Kum Kee Cha Siew Sauce
2 cans of cola
- Clean the pork ribs and drain excess water. Place ribs in a cooking pot
- Massage well the Cha Siew Sauce with the pork ribs.
- Pour 2 cans of cola into the ribs and let it stand at room temperature for 1hour.
- Cook the ribs over high heat for about 30mins.
- Lower heat to simmer for another 10-15mins till the cola dries up or until the meat is tender. (Watch the ribs when the cola is almost dried up and stir reqularly)
Cook till gravy is thick if you want some gravy for for your rice. Alternatively cook till gravy dries up totally and coat the ribs. I refer to leave some gravy for mine.
Purchased some vegetarian squid from NTUC where this sales aunty was promoting it. Cooked sweet sour vegetarian squid. Pretty simple dish, no stir frying, just boil the sauce and put in the mock squid. The texture of the squid can be described as 'QQ'. Nice.