Thursday, April 12, 2018

Warm Crab Choux Bites

Was inspired by this recipe from Baking Fanatic Blog.  I was surprised that I could make choux with bread flour / strong flour.  The result of it was a drier choux pastry which holds its shape.  Quite different from the Asian Cream Puffs that we usually see at local bakeries.  Having eating Choux in a savoury form brought my knowledge of choux to another dimension.

I made my filling with slight medication by using half the crab meat with imitation snow crab legs aka "crab sticks" which can be purchased from the supermarkets.  It gave the filling a brighter colour as compared to just using crab meat.  Lemon juice is very important as it helps cuts off the "fish"/ "crabby" smell from the frozen crab meat. 


Ideal as a finger food for a party.  Choux and filling can be baked a day ahead and re-heat up in the oven for a while to freshen it up a bit before adding the filling.  However to be cautious not to over bake them as they will harden / dry up a bit making it not a nice. 

Will I make it again? Definitely a YES.

No comments: