Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Longan Peach Cake for CH


Happy Birthday CH!
Another year had pass... and CH is one year older ...
Children look forward to every new age, but we adults dread every upcoming birthday. :)

After doing stock taking of my baking ingredients last week, I am quite glad that my stocks of all sorts were almost used up. Not baking for about 3 months had rendered 2 new bags of floor useless due to bugs infesting in it.

I used up the last bag of sponge cake mix and also some canned fruits to make this cake up. Got to get rid of the carton of whipping cream in the freezer as well. Quite please with the outcome of the cake. The fruits looked a bit dry though as this cake was in the fridge for 2 days before it was taken out to cut and I did not have any glazing jel at home, so I didn't do any glazing on the fruit.

As I won't be baking as much as I used to, I won't stock up too much on ingredients and will only buy what I need.

Last week I was very happy as CH brought back 13 baking books from Taiwan on his business trip for me. It resulted in a 3kg excess baggage and he was fined $50. Thus, there was very little savings for the books bought due to the fine.

No comments: