Made these banana sponge cakes over the weekends with some over-riped bananas.
Recipe from book - Alex Goh Fruity Cake
Banana Sponge Cake
1/2 tbsp SP cake emulsifier
120g Low protein flour
1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
120g Mashed Banana
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
85g Melted butter
- Mix (A) until well blended. Add (B) and whip till light and fluffy.
- Add (C) and mix until well combined.
- Stir in (D) and mix until well blended.
- Pour the batter into greased cup cake moulds.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. When they are done, remove them from the moulds immediately.
Butter can be substituted with vegetable oil.