Bought some cookie cutters from Daiso and made these cookies over the weekends.
Cars and Ship Cookies Recipe
100g butter, softened at room temperature
65g brown sugar
1 egg yolk
180g cake flour
20g corn flour
- Sift cake flour and corn flour together and set aside. Line baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- With an electric mixer, add in sugar to the butter in 2 ~3 additions and cream till the mixture turns pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg yolk and mix well.
- Add sifted flour into mixture, stir with a spatula to form a soft dough.
- Place dough in a plastic bag and flatten with rolling pin.
- Roll out dough on slightly floured work surface and cut out with slightly floured cookie cutters.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 175 degC for 15 ~ 20mins.
- Let cool and store in air-tight container.