1 whole chicken (about 1.2kg)
4 cloves of garlic
2 blades of pandan Leave
1 stalk of lemongrass (bruised)
- Rub salt over chicken, stuff garlic, pandan leave and lemongrass into the cavity of chicken.
- Fill a pot (make sure the chicken can fit in) with water. Bring to boil.
- Place chicken into the boiling water. Bring pot with lid and bring water back to boil again.
- Once the water boil, after 30mins of boiling, off water and drain chicken from water.
- Submerge chicken in a big pot of ice water to cool the chicken.
- Drain and rub sesame oil on chicken.
- Chop chicken into bite size. Arrnage nicely on a plate.
- Blanch brocoli and place round the chicken.
- Slice canned abalone, arrange on top of the chicken.
1 tbsp oyster sauce
300ml chicken stock (if use canned chicken stock, dilute 150ml chicken stock with 150ml water)
1tbsp cornflour mix with some water
- Bring chicken stock to boil, add oyster sauce. Slowly add cornflour mixture into sauce till slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over the chicken, abalone and brocoli.