Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mint Oreo Cheesecake


I was at Meidi-ya when hub caught eyes on a pack of Newman's O which was Oreo look alike biscuits with a minty filling. He suggested making a Mint Oreo Cheesecake. I was game for it as I wanted to try out another cheesecake making method where egg whites are beaten seperately and folded into the cheesecake mixture before baking instead of dumping whole eggs into the cheese batter to beat.

This method gives the cheesecake a volume and is lighter and fluffier. I baked a high 7" round cake that needed only 250g of cream cheese. For making cheesecake, it is still best to use quality Philadelphia Brand® despite the cost of it. Quality of ingredients results in a quality end product.


I gave some slices of cakes away for testing and the rest was for hub's consumption since he said he liked it well.

Verdict: Most testers thought the combination of mint and cheese was kind of strange and I thought it was like eating cheesecake with toothpaste. YL's friend liked it as well as she is a fan of mint stuff. So I guess if you are a mint lover, you might like it else it may not appeal at all.


No comments: