Wednesday, April 01, 2009

New York Cheesecake


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIS!

This is also 1 month late, but nevertheless, better late than never. This is the New York Cheesecake that I baked for my sis birthday. This has a vanilla sponge base instead of the biscuit crumb base that we usually see from cafes outside. The cheesecake itself is pleasant tasting. I have tried many cheesecake recipes and never fancied those that uses sour cream in them. This one uses dairy cream which I personally prefer to those that uses sour cream.

I took the recipe from this book - Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook that I came across in the library. I like the book so much that I decided to buy a copy from Amazon. I bought the other book from Junior's as well - Welcome to Junior's! Remembering Brooklyn With Recipes and Memories from Its Favorite Restaurant. This book has favourite recipes like Clam Chowder, Broiled Burgers, waffle, onion rings, corn muffin, etc.

I have also tried baking the carrot cake from Junior's Cheesecake Cookbook but have forgotten to take a picture of that.

No comments: